Thursday, March 3, 2016

OUGD402 Presentation Discussions

Today we got into small groups to talk about our presentations. We discussed any concerns or worries we had and what the content and style would be. I found this to be extremely beneficial as I have been worrying quite a lot about the presentation. I am not a confident speaker as I get very nervous when presenting, so talking through what I could do to help make myself more at ease was something I found useful. It also become more clear in my mind what was being asked of me and I now have a better understanding of the things that I need to cover. Initially I was concerned with the amount of time and whether i'd be able to stretch my presentation to fit the 7 minutes. But, I believe now I know what to include I have a better chance of achieving this. I also need to be careful not to rush through and speak quickly, if I get nervous I just need to take a deep breath and help calm myself down. To help decrease my nerves for the presentation I am going to do some research into designers who present and watch there style and the way in which they do it. I will also plan it out ahead of time so Im fully prepared and I have less chance of messing it up. 

Our group thoughts about our presentations:


No comments:

Post a Comment