Sunday, May 7, 2017

OUGD502 End of Module Evaluation

End of Module Evaluation:
Overall I think that I have developed a lot from first year as I have learnt a great deal. In particular I have engaged with the design world more fully by attending exhibitions, talks and studio visits. This has allowed me to make more of a connection and really see and understand what is happening within the real world of design. My next step for 3rd year would be to try and engage myself in conversation with someone at one of these events, to help develop my networking skills. I did this a couple of times this year by speaking to the girls at She Does Digital and Footprint, but I would like to develop more of a confidence to approach people.

Studio brief 02 has also been really beneficial as it has pushed me out of my comfort zone and I have contacted someone who I admire, whereas I might not have been able to have the courage to do before. It has also taught more valuable skills for contacting professionals and the best methods of communication, and to be more confident asking questions that I want to know the answers to. Hopefully by creating a creative report for Robot Food it could lead to the opportunity of possibly doing a work placement within my final year.

One of the things that I am still working on is time management, and organising the different briefs. I think that next year I will take things a lot more seriously and really try and put in 100% effort, as I have sometimes struggled with motivation this year. For my final year I really want to make the most of all of the facilities the college has to offer as well as trying out techniques such as foiling. I have identified that lino print is something that I would definitely like to experiment with.

Over the summer I want to relax to an extent but I want to carry on doing little pieces of design work. This is because after coming back from summer to the start of second year it took a while to adjust and get back into the flow of things. I also feel that I need to get better on the design programs, this was something that I should have done last summer but I really don't want to be at a disadvantage when I graduate, so I think this is important to develop.

Having more presentation practice this year has definitely helped me to feel more comfortable. Although its definitely still an area for improvement I think that I have slowly started to develop more confidence. Confidence in my work still needs working on, but I aim to create a behance to get more of my work out there. I am really looking forward to the opportunities in 3rd year as well as learning how to be a more professional designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment