Sunday, May 7, 2017

OUGD502 Studio Brief 02 - Creative Report - Final Outcome & Evaluation

Creative Report - Final Outcome:
Within the design of my report I wanted the studios work and story to be clear and the main point of focus. Therefore, I kept the design simple, on one side a large scale image and on the other the quotes. The quotes are placed in coloured speech marks to help emphasise the way that they use bright bold colours within their designs. 

I decided to put some words / phrases in bold to emphasise the message behind what Simon is saying. This will help to stick in peoples minds and realise what is the most important.

Unfortunately, the slits on the card are too wide which means you can't put the cards together from any side. This was unexpected as I thought that you would be able to build different structures but you can only build a tower. This still works though as it is how Simon has built his studio up, these quotes are a small snippet of how he has created his career. The structure also reflects how their designs go onto 3D packaging. 

Presenting the information in this way is more engaging and hopefully more memorable as the interactive side allows people to be really involved and digest the information.















Evaluation:
At the start of this brief I was really interested in becoming more involved and learning about the real design world. However, getting a response from people isn't as easy as just sending an email I have come to realise. You need to do something more, that will make you stand out to get a response. It was also quite nerve racking contacting Simon at Robot Food as this is a studio I really admire and I love the work from, so I think initially I was a bit too shy about contacting him properly. However, having sent off the letter and getting a reply it has given me more confidence to engage with professionals and this is something that I want to try and do more of, going into 3rd year. Hearing Simons personal experiences setting up Robot Food was also really beneficial as it has shown that lot's of hard work does pay off but it is very challenging. This is something I need to prepare myself for when I start going into the world of work. Putting myself out there more and getting connections is really important. 

For the design of my creative report I wanted something more considered then just a publication as I didn't think it most appropriate for the studio it was representing. I think the concept I have come up with building together this tower structure, reflecting on how he has built this successful studio as well as the packaging element, is a more informed, appropriate response. If I had organised my time more I would have liked to have adjusted the slits on the card so that they could attach from any angle. Overall I have really engaged with this brief and I have got a lot out of it, Im hoping that I will continue to engage with studios, designers etc. going into 3rd year.

I want to send the report to Simon as hopefully this will keep open the line of communication and I will then be able to ask about work placements, as I would love to do one at Robot Food. It seems to be the studio that I most connect with and share the same values.

No comments:

Post a Comment