Wednesday, February 1, 2017

OUGD502 Film Photography

Film Photography:
I have always admired film photography as it has more of a rawness, it has character. I've been interested to try this method of photography myself so I booked to have a brief induction. This went through how to load the film, how to take a picture, and then the whole process of developing the film. There was a lot of process that goes into getting the film developed and it was very different from what I expected. I did not fully realise the time and care needed to properly develop the images. Such as doing test strips to make sure that you have the right contrast on your final image.

It was overall a really beneficial experience where I have learnt a new skill, and I am keen to test it out a lot more. Although the process is very long, it was extremely satisfying watching my image develop. Taking this forward further I want to look at getting more involved and playing around with film as it was something that I really enjoyed doing and something that could be included within my practice.

Below is one of the developed images from the induction.



No comments:

Post a Comment