Wednesday, February 8, 2017

OUGD502 Build Studio - Email

Build Studio - Email

As I found the talk that Michael from Build did really motivating and inspiring, I felt compelled to email him just to say thank you.

Email:

Hello!

Not too long ago Michael came in to do a talk at Leeds College of Art, I just wanted to send an email to say how inspiring and motivational I personally found it. Currently I seem to be struggling with creative block, feeling quite uninspired and overall out of my depth within graphic design. However, the honesty and the passion that Michael portrayed allowed me to see a different aspect that doesn’t rely on ego’s but the drive of honest design.

Hearing personal experiences and his journey was really motivating, that if you work hard it is extremely rewarding. It reminded me of the reason I chose to study graphic design, as I have a love for ideas and overall how we can communicate through design. I wanted to ask how within such a competitive area of design, how do you stay true to yourself as a designer and really love what you do? Within the university environment there is a lot of pressure to be THE BEST, such as with competitions. What do you think would be the best way to keep focus and not get overwhelmed and caught up in what everyone else is doing?

Overall I just wanted to say thank you, as the talk didn’t just have an impact on me but many others feel inspired as well!

Regards,


Georgina

No comments:

Post a Comment