Tuesday, May 8, 2018

OUGD602 Personal Branding - Creative CV - Design

Creative CV - Design:

I have organised all of my CV information onto an a4 document. I have had to play around with scale to try and fit in all the information as well as a slot for my business cards. Originally the design looked quite corporate with big blocks of text but by applying large scale type in the background it has helped to make the design more engaging.



Print Test:



Printing it has allowed me to check for any mistakes and to see if the layout works appropriately. 



I want to keep the front quite plain as you will see the business cards corner coming through to the front. I will also be closing it together with a sticker, so putting the large type in the top corner helps to break the design up.

Test Print:



For some reason the designs keep printing with a wide border different from my document, I will need to check and adjust the print setting to make sure that it is printing out properly.

I struggled to sort the print out so that it would fold up correctly and would print at the right scale but eventually I have managed to fix it.

Stock:

I have decided to go for sugar paper as it is a cheaper alternative to card, I also don't need it to be thick like card. Sugar paper also comes in a range of colours which are available in the Uni library. 

Off white:

Grey:

Although it is hard to distinguish between the colours in the picture I prefer the design on a lighter background, the grey is too dark. Although the grey is a slightly thicker paper the off white works the best, is cheaper and the speckles in the paper work well with the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment