Monday, May 14, 2018

OUGD602 Module Evaluation

Module Evaluation:
Overall I have found this module to be really beneficial to my personal development. I have struggled a lot with my confidence throughout the three years and I have felt that I'm not up to the high standards of others on this course. In particular I have struggled to put my work out there and show it off, this is something I have been working on this year. I have been doing more competition briefs this year in the hopes of my work getting recognised. I have also created a website which has given me a lot of confidence. Seeing my work mocked-up helped me to feel more professional and I felt proud seeing and reflecting on what I have produced. 

As part of my personal branding I produced packs to send out to different studios in the hopes of getting and internship. I wanted to 'package' myself in the hopes of highlighting skills within this career path. For me I have found this a lot easier then sending an email, as it is quite difficult to get a reply as they can be easily overlooked. By sending something physical it will stick in there minds more and hopefully spark there interest. I think that the personal branding I have produced reflects my personality and design style. It has helped me to feel more prepared for the professional world. 

I have really enjoyed going to talks and exhibitions this year as I have seen some really inspiring female creatives. This makes me personally feel more empowered as females are usually under represented within the creative industries. Overall I have gained valuable advice and knowledge which will hopefully prepare me for a career in design. I enjoy going to exhibitions from a range of disciplines as I am always intrigued and inspired by the things I see around me.

The presentation element of the module was something I was originally really dreading as I get really nervous doing public speaking. However, I think because I did the End of Year Show live brief which gave me the opportunity to pitch our group concept to the chancellors of the uni, the marketing department and various tutors, I have gained a lot of confidence. What I found worked best for me is being as prepared as possible and creating a visually engaging presentation to take the focus off me. Also, watching other people's presentations was really inspiring and to see how some people also got nervous made me feel better as I wasn't alone.

I think that I have progressed a lot throughout my uni experience, originally coming from a background in Fine Art I have slowly but surely started to develop sound software skills. I have gained a wider knowledge of graphic design and although I am still learning, I am eager and determined to learn more. In particular, I have found feedback extremely helpful and I have been able to develop really strong outcomes from this. 

Lastly this module on a whole has been a big wake up call to me, I need to stay feeling confident and determined if I hope to get a design job after uni and I need to stop doubting myself. That is why this module has been so beneficial, because of this constant reflection I have been able to realise what I need to do and how I can improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment