Wednesday, February 24, 2016

OUGD402 The Tetley Presents - Picture Book - Roger Palmer: Winter Garden

I recently visited The Tetley, centre for contemporary art and learning in Leeds City Centre. The building itself is absolutely stunning, in an art deco former brewery HQ, I particularly liked the old out of use lift. While at The Tetley I saw two exhibitions: Picture Book and Roger Palmer, Winter Garden.

Picture Book
22nd January - 6 March 2016
Featuring: Craig Atkinson (Cafe Royal) / Christian Barnes / David Barton / Nous Vous / Landfill Editions (Mould Map).

This exhibition looks at image-based artists' books, spanning graphic art, photography, craft and visual communication. I found the exhibition bright and compelling with most of the work being colourful and engaging. It gained a lot of inspiration for my current book project, I aim to engage more with colour and choose interesting combinations. I also really liked the simplicity of the illustrations which made me feel I need to be more confident in my own designs.














Roger Palmer: Winter Garden
22 January - 6 March 2016

The exhibition featured a mixed-media representation of a tropical palm tree. The palm tree was presented on a 6m high wall combining vinyl, ink and acrylic paint. It was a really interesting piece which has inspired me not to have any limits regarding a piece of work I want to produce, encouraging me to try whatever ideas I might have.


No comments:

Post a Comment