Monday, February 22, 2016

OUGD402 Studio Brief 02 - Self Branding - Ideas

Ideas:
I began my idea process by simply looking at what I could make out of my initials to provide a strong brand logo for myself. After playing round with ideas I actually found it really difficult to come up with something that I was happy with.



I then started to search for typefaces that had an interesting 'g' and this proved to be really valuable!
Some of the images I came across:





Straight away within these lower case 'g's I could see my initials a g and an s. I also just liked how striking and beautiful they were on there own, they demanded attention in an elegant way. I had a look at a few different typefaces that had this type of lowercase 'g'.


I had a look at these typefaces all at different sizes to see how they would stand out, as on some of them the stroke thickness is quite thin. My two favourites are Marion and Palatino, but after writing out my name in both I found that I liked Marion the best. Letters had a slightly thicker stroke and a higher x height which wasn't as flat and spread out as Palatino.

As I already mentioned with the lower case 'g' I could envision my initials 'g' and 's'. I began to edit the single letterform so that you can subtly see both initials.


Although it might not be very obvious that is is my initials I still think this will provide a strong visual logo for me, as it is an interesting shape. Now that I have a logo I need to work out what I am going to apply it to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment