Tuesday, February 23, 2016

OUGD402 Nest Issue 08 Magazine Launch

Nest Issue 08 Magazine Launch:
Nest is Leeds College of Arts, Student Unions, very own magazine, which is extremely popular. After reading issue 07, I found it really inspiring to see other students work from different disciplines come together to produce something for the set theme of the magazine. I also really love the clean design of the magazine and the way it is laid out, which helps to show off the work perfectly.

The launch for issue 08 was held at The Midnight Club - Studio 24 in Leeds. It was a very nice space for the magazine to be presented in, due to the theme of the magazine being light, there was lots of dramatic lighting to create shadows, and an engaging space.


Due to the nature of the event it was quite small and I wished there was more for me to engage with, as me and my friends felt awkward and out of place as there wasn't much for us to do. This is probably due to the fact we're still quite new to things like this, so didn't need to speak with anyone. There were some interesting pieces on display, I particularly liked the large bird sculpture. After reading this issue I found some pieces had really strong compositional elements working well with the light but I didn't find some of the work to portray light as interestingly as I had hoped.


No comments:

Post a Comment