Thursday, March 16, 2017

OUGD502 Play It Loud: Gig Poster Goodness - The Return Of New Analog

Play It Loud: Gig Poster Goodness - The Return Of New Analog
At this exhibition New Analog an illustrator from Manchester exhibited his screen printed gig posters. He's created official artwork for artists ranging from The Orb to The Wailers, Horace Andy and Lee Scratch Perry, major festivals, American tours, and a whole series of work for Bonobo. The posters are extremely detailed and I was amazed that they were screen printed as this is something I really struggled with. It has made me aware of the possibilities with screen print and it is something that I want to try again with as the outcomes can be amazing. The illustrative style made for really engaging pieces of work with strong visuals. I have always liked illustration and I really want to try and incorporate it more within my work or possibly working with someone from illustration in 3rd year.







No comments:

Post a Comment