Sunday, March 5, 2017

OUGD502 The Hepworth Museum and Print Fair

The Hepworth Museum:
This gallery in Wakefield explores the work of major contemporary artists, most of the work that is exhibited tended to be sculptures which isn't an area of art and design which I have been particularly interested in. However, some of the sculptures were really visually engaging and very different from what I had expected. The shapes and forms that were created out of different materials is really quite extraordinary and I can appreciate the time and effort it must take to craft them. I do think that it is important to look at things that you wouldn't normally, as inspiration can come from anywhere. 





Print Fair:
The Hepworth print fair was really good, featuring over 50 printmakers, collectives and galleries from around the UK. The range of work was amazing and it has opened my eyes to the creative possibilities within traditional print. In particular one guy was doing on site lino prints, they were engaging with strong visuals, he even gathered a crowd as he printed. Me and my housemate decided to buy one each as we liked them that much. Lino is definitely something I want to try out, as I think it produced a really striking bold print. I also feel that you can be more expressive and experimental with print, I think this would benefit my own practice and encourage me to be less ordered and structured.




No comments:

Post a Comment