Tuesday, October 27, 2015

OUGD402 - Yorkshire Sculpture Park

On the 14th of October I went to Yorkshire Sculpture Park, this was to inform one of my briefs of designing a symbol for them. I found some of the sculptures really intriguing and some were beautifully crafted. It has given me inspiration for my own work on how the sculpture could be applied graphically in certain situations. I took lots of photos while I was there and I did enjoy looking around however some of the sculpture were set quite far apart so it was very tiring.

Here are some of the photos I took:













My favourite sculpture had to be the 'Octopus by Marialuisa Tadei' which was large scale and used bright, colourful mosaic tiles. I just loved how out of context it was placed in a green Yorkshire countryside because it made it really stand out. The use of colour also made a really bold statement which I really liked.

No comments:

Post a Comment