Tuesday, October 20, 2015

OUGD402 LAW Magazine Issue 7 Launch

LAW Magazine Issue 7 Launch:


I went to the Village Bookstore in Leeds Corn Exchange where Issue 7 of LAW was being launched. I didn't know anything about the magazine prior to going but it was a really nice creative atmosphere where people were chatting with the editor and drinking free beer. It was also a good opportunity to look at the other publications within the bookstore. I think if I was to go to a launch again it would be a good idea to actually know something about the magazine before hand and I should probably engage with some of the creative people there. 

After reading the magazine on the train home and finding out more about the magazine, LAW stands for LIVES AND WORKS. It aims to document Britain with the portrayal of the beautiful that usually doesn't get recognition. Issue 7 was all about the outdoors, and it was quite an interesting issue. One of the articles focuses on the craft thatching, and it is really interesting that thatching is still around and there is still a need. Within the magazine there are also some really strong photographs that appealed to me. LAW isn't necessarily a magazine that I would look at put it was actually wasn't too bad. I particularly liked the layout within the magazine, there was a strong 3 column grid system in place that provided order. This has encouraged me to look at more creative magazines regarding areas of my creative interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment