Thursday, January 5, 2017

OUGD502 Studio Brief 02 - Creative Presence

Studio Brief 02 - Creative Presence
CREATIVE REPORT:
Building on my continued familiarisation with the creative industries and prompted by the need for even more engagement with professional contacts, I am required to seek out an industry practitioner or practice who I will base a report on.

The completed report should utilise my skills as both a creative and a researcher and make use of material drawn from at least one personal interview with an appropriate spokesperson to then culminate in an insightful overview of a contemporary industry figure or organisation. My interview can be carried out in person or via phone, Skype or email. 

Supporting sessions will offer guidance regarding the approaching and interviewing of subjects.


I should aim to subsequently develop a report that is engaging in terms of both its style and content. The completed report should be submitted as a digital Issuu publication posted to my PPP blog and needs to communicate my interview subject's route into industry and identify where their creative practice is currently situated.

IMPORTANT: I will be responsible for any online content uploaded and/or distributed as part of this module. I need to ensure that all material is original, belongs to me and complies with the guidelines for online activity outlined as part of the general Mac suite induction. If I am unsure about any content that I intend to upload I need to discuss this with my tutor.

Evidence of research into appropriate online social/professional/creative networks. This should include evidence of engagement with networking activities, online presence and contribution to identified sites.These should be included as links on my PPP blog.

Responses to this brief should be recorded on my PPP Blog and should be labeled with the module code and appropriate 'Studio Brief 2'.

It is my responsibility to ensure that all work for this brief has been presented and labelled in line with these guidelines by the submission deadline. Work that is incorrectly labelled, posted to the wrong blog or is in anyway unclear or inaccessible will not be assessed.

DELIVERABLE:
A 500 word Creative Report published as a digital Issuu publication posted and clearly label to your PPP blog.

NOTES:
- This needs to be started early, as it could take some time to get the information.

- Look into a few different people - keeps options open and fallbacks are there.

- Identify people of interest - background research - how can I start the communication?

- There needs to be structure to the interview - pre planned questions.

- Questions with more substance and value.

- Set a goal - what do I want to gain?

- Look at books of collections of interviews for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment