Thursday, November 12, 2015

OUGD402 Study Task 2 - Presentation

Today we did our short presentations on our dreams of where we will be in 10 years time. Initially I did not feel nervous for the presentation I felt quite relaxed and I knew what I wanted to say. As it got closer and closer for me to present I could suddenly feel myself getting really nervous. I am not sure why because I knew what I wanted to say, when I got up there however I was really bad. I felt like I couldn’t get out what I wanted to say, I got really flustered shaky and red. This really frustrates me as I seem to have a problem with public speaking but I’m not sure as to where the problem lies. From doing this though I know that this is something I need to work on to succeed within this industry and make me more comfortable. I am going to consider going to something helps improve your confidence as I have noticed how it has impacted opportunities.

Things I noticed about good presentations:

  • Humour – Some people included this within their presentations which helped engage the listeners more and it was memorable as well as making the presenter relax into it more.
  • I noticed when people took a more personal approach such as showing their own work or telling an anecdote this made the presentation a lot more interesting.
  • Projection of voice and a more animated presentation style helped keep the focus of the presentation – it also seemed professional and oozed confidence.
  • Using type in a more dynamic way helped to keep focus alongside images
My favourite presentation was done by Erin, it was funny, interesting and the way in which it was presented help everyone really engage with what she was talking about. She was really relaxed and expressed a natural confidence, this is something I hope to grasp when I next do a presentation.

This was the visual presentation that I showed, but I just used the images as a prompt to talk about: 10 years time


No comments:

Post a Comment